Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall cabin trip

All this boy ever wants is a 
trip to the cabin.  No joke!  We talked about
another cruise, or a trip out of the country.
He says nope, just the cabin!
I think Scoop likes the cabin just as much 
as Ty does.  Possibly more, although Ty would
 fight me on that.
Syd spent a lot of time here exploring with 
Ellie and Tanner in the past.  She took a lot of solo
walks this trip and I know they were right
there, walking beside her!
The weather was PERFECT and
we enjoyed a lot of time on the porch.
Summer and Mat joined us, too. Always a treat.
Oh, how I love this kid!!!
Since my dad retired, we decided he HAD
to join us.  We missed having my Mom there,
but we will bring them both next time.
We got my dad a couple simple art kits
for his birthday.  I was thrilled that he brought
the sketching kit and put it to use on the trip.
I mean, come on!  How attractive is that
dad of mine!?!  Love that man to pieces!!!
Jason finally allowed the kids to play Risk.
Normally he takes it too seriously for them to
play, but they did it.  I don't know that any of
them had the same love for the game that he does.
Summer and Mat teamed up and killed everyone!
How I miss this sweet girl!  I'm grateful for every
opportunity I have to spend time with her.
Those four-wheelers get put to good use!
Ty refuses to ride with Pops anymore.  Way too
crazy!  I swear my dad is Ty's age mentally. ;)
I think my Dad really enjoyed his time there.
Who wouldn't with all the fall colors.
Satellite TV allowed him to still watch his
political shows.  darn it.  HaHa
Can you find Mat and Summer?
This was our crazy bunch after 'church'.
Church there is awesome.  It's only about 45
minutes and you can come as is.  LOVE IT!
Of course we had to make a stop at Cedar Breaks...
and of course, Mat led the kids to the edge of the cliff!
Always an adventure with that fearless guy!

We took a drive to Sydney Canyon one night
to look for elk.  Deer were all over our cabin, but the
elk were hard to find.  Luckily for us, the shepherds no 
longer allow their sheep to graze on our private property
(the sheep contaminated our drinking water).  Well, sad for 
us, they have taken over Sydney Canyon.
It was still fun to see, even though the elk
would have been better.

We love this place and cherish EVERY
memory made at the Stewart Cabin!

No comments: