Monday, November 15, 2010

Yummy, EASY Toffee Recipe

"You're welcome!"
Yep, I'm planning ahead!
This is delicious, easy, cheap,
& you probably have all of the ingredients
in your pantry already. This is Saltine
Toffee..and it stinkin' rocks!!!

Ingredients:
1 sleeve Saltines
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
chocolate chips
***That's it! I told you that you
probably already have everything! :0)

Line jelly roll pan with foil. Lay saltines
side by side to cover foil surface.
In a small saucepan, melt and combine
the brown sugar and butter. Let it
boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over the
saltines. Spread with back of wooden spoon.

Place in a 375* oven for 10 minutes.
Remove and sprinkle chocolate chips
over them immediately. Let sit for
1-2 minutes to melt chips.

Using the back of a rubber spatula,
spread melting chocolate chips out
over the toffee. Allow to cool completely.
Break into bite size chunks and ENJOY!

Your kids, grand kids, husbands, or
boyfriends will thank you!

They'll never know it's Saltines!

5 comments:

Jodie said...

My friend makes that all the time for me-yum

Adventures in the Warr Zone said...

I made it once...and ate the whole thing

Rachael said...

Dangerous! I don't know if I should try it!

Brittani said...

Sooo good!! Making them now

Anonymous said...

Love it!!❤️