Monday, September 21, 2015

June 12, 2015...worst day in history

I will forever be grateful for our Easter trip to Palm Springs with our entire Foster family (besides Porter on his mission). I didn't know it would be the last time I'd see 4 of my favorite people here on earth. 
Shortly after 6am on June 12, 2015, I answered the telephone to hear my mothers shaking voice on the other end of the line. She said, "Jen, there's been an accident!"  At first I was confused, thinking something had happened with my dad. Then I hear her mention the plane. I instantly knew it was the Openshaws. We were grateful to have had Porter on his mission, Zane in Germany, and little Max survive the crash. That morning, we lost my beautiful sister Amy, my brother-in-law Mark, my 15 year old nephew Tanner, and my 12 year old niece Ellie. Lives taken far too soon. Only our Heavenly Father knows why. 
I'm so grateful that I still had this text from Amy on my iPhone from Mother's Day. Those words aren't just words. It's the love behind them. They were like a giant hug she was giving me after the crash. (I'm obsessed with deleting texts and keeping my inbox clean. It's a miracle I still had that text)

She was like no other. Amy was a dedicated wife, mother, sister, and friend. 
Tanner was a man of few words, but the words he spoke were meaningful and deep. His sense of humor was AWESOME!
Ellie was a lover of life. She was always up for anything and always with tons of positive energy. 
Mark was a doer. He was constantly doing things for others. He never stopped serving others. 

Life as we know it has changed. Drastically so. I am so grateful that I know they are together and all worthy of the celestial kingdom. There aren't better people on this planet. That I know!  I will miss them every day until we meet again. 

FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!



1 comment:

kandy said...

Love these words and photos. It has been over 5 months and maybe I am ready to look at blogs and possibly post!
I love you Jen!