Monday, September 29, 2014

Life doesn't get any better than this!

My family has been asking me what I wanted to do for my big 40th birthday. I toyed around with the idea of going to Catalina, but then I realized all I really wanted to do was go sailing....with my family. 

With the help and motivation of my mom and sister, I found the perfect Charter. 
It was a 36 foot Catalina called the Moody Blue. It was HUGE, and beautiful!
We were allowed 6 people, so my mom joined us and got to play photographer all day. 



We paid for a 3 hour charter, but Captain John was amazing and he kept us out 4 1/2 hours. We got to enjoy sunset on the water, as well. 

The only thing that kept it from being the perfect day....my week old iPhone decided to join the fishes after only 15 minutes on the sailboat. A tear came to my eye, then I said to myself, "Don't let it ruin this experience!"  It didn't. I still would chalk this up as one of the best days EVER!!!  Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Adventures in the Warr Zone said...

What a fun way to remember your 40th

kandy said...

Thanks for letting me join you on a beautiful day for a beautiful daughter!