Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mount Rushmore

Yet another state to visit
while we live so close.
I was waving, not saluting.
I look like an idiot.  :}
Every state flag is on display
as you enter the viewing area.
It looks really cool.
We were sweating like crazy,
then within an hour, the
heavens opened and
we were soaked. 
I hear that's how it
goes in South Dakota.
This was our first glimpse as we rounded
the bend in our car.  Ty was the first
one to see it and it was truly
awe inspiring!
My 3 little angels
making memories together.
I don't know if I have mentioned it on here
before, but Sydney has the HUGGEST crush
on Abraham Lincoln (we aren't allowed
to call him Abe since he wasn't fond
of the nickname).  She says that if he
were alive today, she would be
Mrs. Lincoln.  I have some pictures
of her kissing his cheek, but we'll save
those for blackmailing her
in the future.
It was another great day!!!

1 comment:

kandy said...

I am so jealous! Want to come!