Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Caroling!

On Friday night, we had our
Christmas party. We invited a
few of our closest friends to help
us celebrate. It was a huge success
(if I do say so myself)!
Amy Parrella brought candles for the
kids to hold while we caroled to the
neighbors. Annie looked the cutest with
her red jacket and warm hat.

The flames were definitely the boys
favorite part of the evening
(especially Charlie)!


Clay is an awesome singer, so we were
lucky to have him along for the fun!


All of our neighbors are retired, so
they really enjoyed the young voices
at their doors. We were greeted with
cookies and candy canes!

The wind was blowing a bit, so it was
hard to keep the candles lit. Ty loved it!

Even the too cool Jr. Highers like
Summer and Eddie had a great time!

Whenever Helen is around, Ty always has a huge
smile on his face. She is quite possibly the cutest
little girl ever! We love sweet Helen!
The ladies decided the kids game was too
fun not to play. We had to gift wrap a present
with our eyes closed. Liz's was very pretty.
Amy, the most competitive person I've ever met,
was (of course) the winner. Almost too perfect!
Did she cheat? Only she knows! :-)
Laura, who proclaimed she was a terrible
gift wrapper,came in a very close second.
Now I'm going to make her wrap all of
my gifts this year, and, yes, blindfolded!
Kerry did an awesome job, too! In all,
I think we all had a great time. Even the
men were heard singing the carols. Will
and Christina came with Tanner and I'm
sad I don't have any pictures of that cute little
guy. I'll do better next time! Thanks to all who
came and supported our little family and our
celebration of the season!

5 comments:

* Amanda * said...

Sounds like you guys had alot of fun! That is so sweet you go caroling in your neighborhood. I remember doing that soooo long ago!

risa said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Jen. You live in Sedona! I'm so jealous!!! I visited Sedona this fall and fell in love. It's below zero in Minnesota today. I'm also struggling with a vitamin d deficiency and could really use some of that Sedona sun.

Anyways, thanks. Hope you win the necklace!

shelbi said...

carolling is one of the best parts of Christmas...looks like you all had a blast :) I am inspired now :) :) have a beautiful day!
shelbi

kandy said...

Wow, what a fun party. Just wish there were more pictures of my favorite people.
Love,
Grammy

Jen Rose said...

How fun Jen! I wish I lived closer! That would have been so fun! I love caroling...and especially when it's cold! Your family is too cute!